Whether you’re looking for your first side hustle or your fifth, there are plenty of money making apps that can make it easy for you to earn extra money from the comfort of your own home.
With just your smartphone and Internet, there are plenty of easy ways to earn some extra money and pad your bank account.
And if you’re willing to put on pants and head out the door, there are even more lucrative options for you to earn money.
Whether you’re saving money for a down payment or dream vacation, or just want some extra cash, here are the best apps to make money starting today.
Get paid to share your opinions with Swagbucks. Earn online at Swagbucks.com or with the app. Most surveys pay $0.50 to $10.00 and take 5 to 45 minutes to complete. This means you can Make your Netflix-watching time your extra money-earning time.
With over $680 million in PayPal and free Amazon gift cards paid to members, Swagbucks is the best paying survey site out there. And now, Swagbucks is offering free cryptocurrency for taking surveys to broaden their appeal to crypto enthusiasts.
If you’re into Bitcoin, survey apps, or just finding a money making app that pays out, you’ll want to check out Swagbucks.
- 18 ways to earn money and e-gift cards
- $5 sign up bonus
- Up to 10% cashback when shopping online
- $1 minimum e-gift card withdrawal
Yes, you can get paid to watch new movie trailers and popular videos. Download the InboxDollars app, or explore the video content on InboxDollars.com.
Check out their latest trending videos everyday and that’s an extra $5 to $50 a month you can stash away.
It’s free to join InboxDollars, and you get a free $5 bonus just for signing up and confirming your email. Get InboxDollars now.
- $5 sign up bonus
- Great referral program – 30% that referral makes
- Most of the surveys pay $0.50 to $1
- 13 extra ways to earn money
For years I shied away from side hustles that involved driving or delivering people or food. Then I decided to try Uber Eats to get the new driver bonus of $200. I had major dollar signs in my eyes. It’s pretty easy to do. And you can cash out up to five times a day.
While you do need to sign up and get vetted (pass the background check so they know you’re not a serial killer), that process takes 1-7 days. After that, you’re all square to make money.
Sign up for Uber Eats today, and if you find yourself flat broke in a few weeks you can pick up some deliveries in the Uber Eats app and get paid cash that same day.
And you don’t have to drive around a stranger in your car, or even vacuum out the crumbs.
The Facebook app isn’t just for scrolling through your friends’ political rants and photos of their kids. Facebook has a lot of features to make it really useful money making app.
- Sell items in the Facebook Marketplace. You can sell to buyers nationwide if you’re willing to ship, or stick with local pickups only. There are even features for you to get paid through Facebook and give or solicit user reviews.
- Sell items in garage sale groups. These garage sale groups are usually themed around different metro areas, cities, or specific neighborhoods. People will list anything here that you might find at a garage sale or an estate sale – but without the hassle of having to organize a big sale at their home. And you’re connecting to a much larger audience.
- Sell items in buy sell trade groups. Buy sell trade groups tend to be themed around specific categories (i.e. baby clothes) or designers. Really high-end designers or specialty (niche) brands do especially well in these groups. I’ve seen rompers that are $35 brand new sell for over $500 used. Cult following is everything.
- Buy Nothing groups are expanding in popularity. While many of these freebies being gifted are meant to go to a household who will use the item and give it a second life, some posters are less picky. They will give away free furniture, free clothing, free toys, and other free items that they just want gone. They’ll candidly say they don’t care if you flip or re-sell those items.
Receipts are just paper scraps waiting for Ibotta to turn them into cash. Earn cash for purchasing featured items or brands at participating supermarket and grocery store chains, like Krogers, Cub, Target, Walmart, Winn Dixie, or Von Maur.
There are special missions or quests you can complete for bonus earnings.
Cash out your earnings for free Amazon gift cards and other popular rewards.
- 2 ways to earn – app or browser extension
- Earn up to 30% cash back on purchases
- Get a $5 bonus by referring friends
- Over 1500 stores you can earn cash back at
Tada will pay you $1 every time you fill up your tank. For real. Get a $1 cash back bonus or rebate for every 5-gallon minimum gas purchase you make – up to 1 fuel-up per week.
The list of participating gas stations (and chains) is huge. Just save your gas receipt and snap a pic. Ta-da! It’s so easy it’s magic.
You can also earn cash with Tada for your other pharmacy and supermarket receipts. Earn for purchasing specific items, or for any brand items in featured categories like milk or bread.
And get this: you can scan your receipts twice. Scan your receipt to Ibotta and get the cash rewards, then scan it to Tada. You can totally double-dip.
What if I told you could use your spare change to own a piece of Tesla, Apple, or Google? With the Acorns app, your spare change can buy you shares or fractional shares of stocks in these stellar companies.
Right now when you sign up for Acorns and invest as little as $5 you can get a free $50 cash back bonus. You can withdraw those funds as an Amazon gift card or PayPal cash, or use those funds to invest even more in Acorns.
With the roundup feature, it’s easy to round up your spare change and start making your money work for you.
- $10 welcome bonus
- Low account fees from just $3 per month
- Get $5 in your account for referrals
- Low minimum starting investment amount
- High average return on investments of 7.5%
Have you always wondered what’s Coinbase is or how to get started?
Coinbase will pay you to give them a try. Coinbase is a platform to buy, sell, trade, and store digital currency like Bitcoin. Sign up and fund your Coinbase account with $5, you’ll get $30 free.
Coinbase will show you the ropes so you can learn how cryptocurrency works. It’s a super easy-to-use platform. Check out Coinbase now, get your free Coinbase signup bonus.
- Over 4500 cryptocurrencies to choose from
- Low minimum deposit amount of just $2
- Get $10 when you sign up for an account
- Get a $10 bonus for each friend you refer
Mercari is an online marketplace like eBay or Poshmark. Users can buy just about anything (legal) there. Top selling items include toys, vintage home goods, and clothing. Just submit a pic. Write a short 1-2 sentence description. And set your price.
Mercari can offer pricing suggestions from their mountains of sales data. They offer suggested pricing based on brand, condition, and how long you want to “sit” on the item. Price it high and wait a bit longer, or set it lower and clear it out ASAP.
Top sellers can make $10,000+ a year on Mercari. Many will buy popular selling items on the cheap at local thrift stores and flea markets, then sell them for a markup line.
If you love dogs, Rover is your jam. Get paid to cuddle dogs with this dog-oriented app.
Find gigs to walk dogs, dog-sit (check in on dogs while their owners are out of town), or board dogs at your own home while their owners are out of town.
- 6 different ways to earn money available
- Get up to $25,000 pet care coverage
- You get to decide how much to charge
- 24/7 support, Including vet assistance
At last: someone who loves that artsy pic of your grilled cheese dinner. Make money for your smartphone pics using Foap.
Upload pictures to Foap through the app, and consumers buy images for their marketing, blog, or other purposes. You can even enter photography missions.
Missions are when companies request specific types of photos. Check out Foap today.